Code of ConductAt its meeting on Tuesday 4th October 2016, Bedstone and Bucknell Parish Council resolved to adopt the Code of Conduct set out in this booklet.
You can download a copy of this Code of Conduct by clicking this link.
Annual Return - Notice of elector’s rights
- Each year the Council’s Annual Return is audited by an auditor appointed by Public Sector Audit Appointments Limited. Any person interested has the opportunity to inspect and make copies of the Annual Return and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts, etc. relating to the accounting statements. For the year ended 31 March 2015, these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to the Parish Clerk (see below):
Annual Governance Statement
- We are required publish our annual governance statement according to the format included in the Annual Return form. Publication of the relevant page of the completed Annual Return form meets this requirement. The annual governance statement should is signed by the Chairman and Clerk of the smaller authority.
PC Annual Statement of Accounts
- The statement of accounts should be accompanied by:
a. a copy of the bank reconciliation for the relevant financial year;
b. an explanation of any significant variances (e.g. more than 10-15 percent, in line with proper practices) in the statement of accounts for the relevant year and previous year, and;
c. an explanation of any differences between 'balances carried forward' and 'total cash and short term investments', if applicable.
All items of expenditure above £100
- Details of each individual item of expenditure above £100.
For each individual item of expenditure above £100 the following information is published:
(a) date the expenditure was incurred
(b) summary of the purpose of the expenditure
(d) Value Added Tax that cannot be recovered
List of councillor responsibilities
Councillors’ Topic Leads
Following the Parish Council election on 4th May 2017, roles and responsibilities allocated to the new Councillors have yet to be decided. Details will be published following the Parish Council meeting held on 6th June. In the meantime, please contact the current Chair, Jonathan Kemp on 01547 530398 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above responsibilities will be kept under regular review and revised or re-allocated as is necessary to help support the effective running of the Parish Council.
Details of public land and building assets
- Under the Department for Communities and Local Government’s Transparency code for smaller authorities (December 2014), Parish Councils are required to publish details of public land and building assets held. The following, which is undergoing a verification exercise as indicated, is published as at 19 September 2016. It will be further updated as the exercise progresses.
Other assets held by Bedstone and Bucknell Parish Council
Whilst there is no requirement for anything further to be published, for the sake of openness, the following inventory of other assets held in the name of the Parish Council is published here.Shropshire Council Street Lights
For the sake of completeness and clarity, the following street lights in Bucknell are owned and managed by Shropshire Council:
(1) Chestnut Meadow:
(a) opposite little car park
(b) outside #14
(a) opposite #23
(2) Ladywell - 2
(3) Redlake Meadow, in the bungalows section - 3
(4) Sitwell Close - 2
Any failures of these lights should be reported to Shropshire Council - Jason Hughes on 01743 254980 or online.South Shropshire Housing Association Lights
The following street lights in Bucknell are owned and managed by the South Shropshire Housing Association:
(1) The Tyndings
Any failures of these lights should be reported to the South Shropshire Housing Association by phone to 0300 303 1190.