RESPONSIBILITIES OF DOG OWNERS (May 2017)Concerns had been expressed in local newspapers about the increase of reported cases of sheep worrying by dogs. A particulary distressing case was reported by a farmer from Chapel Lawn in the Shropshire Star this month.
Police say it is an offence for a dog owner and anyone controlling the dog to allow it to worry livestock on agricultural land. Last month it was revealed dog attacks on sheep are on the increase in the countryside across Shropshire. Under the Animals Act 1971 a farmer, landowner or anyone acting on their behalf has a legal right to shoot your dog to protect their property.
The Countryside Code
Shropshire - Public Rights of Way
ELECTION RESULTS (May 2017)Given below are the results of the Parish Council and Unitary Council elections.
Bedstone & Bucknell Parish Council
Elected: Carol Davies, Will Davies, Duncan Cullimore, Nicola Edwards, Jonathan Kemp, Stacie Jones, Ian Owen.
Elected: Nigel Hartin
DOOR TO DOOR SALESMEN (December 2016)
- Some people have expressed concern about recent visits from door to door salesmen. Young men are in the area selling mainly household and garden ware (such as dusters, oven gloves, gardening gloves). They say they have had a troubled background and are now trying to get some work-experience in selling. They often produce an ID tag.
- The local Police have been contacted and know about the young men. The Police’s advice is that the men are from legitimate enterprises and most come from troubled backgrounds (their story is true). However, the Police say that if you feel intimidated or do not wish to engage with the men for any reason it is entirely up to you to tell them. Do not feel under any sort of obligation to them.
- Here is some general guidance to help deal with door to door salespeople:
- Look to see who is at the door
- Put the chain on before you open the door
- Take control: 1) Check the seller’s identity
- Don’t invite the person inside
- If in any doubt, ask the person to leave
2) Use direct language – but be polite
3) Be prepared to interrupt
RIPARIAN OWNER RESPONSIBILITY (September 2016)
Download a useful document from the Parish council about your responsibilities.
White Clawed Crayfish alert (September 2016)
Closure of the Meadows Medical Practice, Knighton (September 2016)